Is your current treatment enough?
Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea (CSD) can upend your life
- 83% of patients living with Carcinoid Syndrome (CS) report it is a daily challenge1
- 84% of patients say CSD causes disruptions in everyday life1
- 88% of patients agree that symptoms make life more stressful1
CSD impacts every aspect of your life
- Weight loss
- Unhappiness with social life
Quality of life
- People with greater-than-average daily bowel movements (BMs) had worse scores on a health-related quality of life (HRQL) survey3
Somatostatin analog (SSA) treatment alone may not be enough
Improvement is possible with XERMELO
If SSA injections aren’t giving you the control you need, you’re not alone. Over half of patients say their current treatments don’t do enough to control their CSD.1 Even if you know what triggers it, what foods to avoid in your diet, and how to stay on track with SSA treatment, you may still have diarrhea due to an overproduction of serotonin.4
If CSD has forced you to redefine everyday life, this doesn’t have to be your normal. See how adding XERMELO can help.
Ask your doctor if XERMELO could be right for you
Download this discussion guide to get the conversation started.
- Data on File. TerSera Therapeutics LLC. Deerfield, IL.
- Anthony LB. Practical guide to supportive care of patients with functional neuroendocrine tumors. Semin Oncol. 2013;40(1):45-55.
- Beaumont JL, Cella D, Phan AT, Choi S, Liu Z, Yao JC. Comparison of health-related quality of life in patients with neuroendocrine tumors with quality of life in the general US population. Pancreas. 2012;41(3):461-466.
- Naraev BG, Halland M, Halperin DM, Purvis AJ, O’Dorisio TM, Halfdanarson TR. Management of diarrhea in patients with carcinoid syndrome. Pancreas. 2019;48(8):961-972